Agatha Christie Facts
- Rearranging the letters of 'Agatha
Christie's Poirot' gives:
A harsh egoistic patriot (by Jonathan Solomons)
- Rearranging the letters of 'Dame Agatha Christie'
I am a right death case. (by Donald L. Holmes)
- Agatha's full given name was Agatha Mary Clarissa
- She was born September 15, 1890 in Torquay, Devon
on England's southwestern coast.
- Her parents' names were Frederick and Clara,
and she had two older siblings named Madge and Monty.
- Agatha was a bright child who had taught herself
to read by the age of five.<
- From the ages of 15 - 17, Agatha attended French
- In her school years, Agatha trained as a singer
- Agatha's father died when she was 11 years old.
- She met Archie Christie in 1912 and they married
December 24, 1914.
- She was a nurse in the Voluntary Aid Detachment
of the Red Cross Hospital
at Torquay during the war in France
- Agatha's Daughter, Rosalind Christie, was born
August 5, 1919.
- Agatha's mother died in 1926.
- In August of 1926, Archie moved out of the home
later leading to their divorce.
- Agatha met Max Mallowan, an archaeologist, in
1930 in Baghdad.
They later married and had 46 years together.
- Agatha Christie died on January 12, 1976 at the
age of 85.
- Agatha Christie is the bestselling mystery
novelist of all time.